What you’ll get
Duration : 4 days 3 nights
Departure : Vientiane
Suitable : Family, friends, couples, solo travelers...
Type : Land tour
4-day Laos classic tour covers the 2 main cities of Laos that are the capital of Vientiane and the ancient city of Luang Prabang. Some of the highlights includes Buddha Park, Pak Ou caves, Kuang Si waterfalls, and the mighty Mekong river
- UNFORGETTABLE MOMENT
- Walking along the small street of Vientiane and Luang Prabang and admire the local life
- Watching the daily morning alms giving in Luang Prabang
- The leisure cruise along the mighty Mekong river
- VARIOUS ACTIVITIES ON SITES
- Gentle city visits of the laid-back capital of Vientiane, and the ancient town of Luang Prabang
- Join the cruise along the Mekong River to the mysterious Pak Ou caves
- Refresh at Kuang Si waterfalls, explore the surrounding area, or take the dip at the natural pools
- NATURE EXPLORATION
- The green nature countryside of Luang Prabang
- The untouched nature along Mekong River
- The exciting Kuang Si waterfalls
- icon CULTURE EXPERIENCE
- Attending the daily morning alms giving in Luang Prabang
- Visit various temple and museum in the ancient town of Vientiane and Luang Prabang to learn about the culture of Laos
- Visiting various local villages to learn about their daily life
|OPTION TYPE||MAX||RATES||WHAT'S INCLUDES?||TOTAL||MAKE RESERVATION|
Choose date to show price
Recommend for you
Total Option Price
Ends in : 05:23:35 hours
Total Option Price
Ends in : 05:23:35 hours
Total Option Price
Ends in : 05:23:35 hours
- 3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 1 Dinner
- A/C transfer
- Price Includes
- Accommodation at hotel
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Price Excludes
- International flights
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 45 days prior to trip departure: No charge (Full refund will be made but transaction fee will be paid by you).
- 30-45 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 15-29 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 7-14 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 7 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- The above fees are subject to an added bank transaction fee.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by Asia Travel Package
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 50% of adult's fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 75% of adult's fare and using his own bed (on request)
- Over 8 years old: 100% of adult's fare and using his own bed.
- Day 1: Arrival in Vientiane - City Tour
On arrival at the airport, you will be met and transferred to check in the hotel.
After a soft rest, start your “4-day Laos Classic Tour” with the visit to the major sights of the capital; including the oldest Wat Sisaket, the temple with thousands of miniature Buddha statues and the former royal temple of Wat Prakeo, which previously housed the famous Emerald Buddha Image. On the way to Lao’s national icon, the famous and sacred structure of That Luang Stupa, we stop enroute to take some pictures of the imposing Patuxay Monument, which is well known as Vientiane’s own Arc de Triumph.
End your tour of the capital along the banks of the Mekong River as the sun begins to set. Stroll along the river, stop to enjoy a cold drink, or sample a snack from one of the many local food stalls.
The welcome dinner will be served at the local restaurant with the traditional dance and folk song, the best chance to experience the local culture. Overnight in Vientiane
- Day 2: Explore Buddha Park - Take Flight to Luang Prabang
In the morning, we will first visit Wat Si Muang, which is very famous for its supernatural power. After that drive to Buddha Park which takes around 45 minutes away. On the way, stop and take photos of the Friendship Bridge which was built by the Australian government in 1994 and links Laos and Thailand.
Arrive at Buddha Park and enjoy a stroll around the park. Also known as Xieng Khuan, this unusual park is filled with over 200 Buddhist and Hindu statues. The quiet and tranquil setting along the Mekong River is a contrast to the slightly eccentric sculptures which were built in 1958 by a Laos’s shaman. The concrete sculptures are bizarre but intriguing, sitting majestically in the peaceful park.
After visiting Buddha Park, start the drive back to Vientiane. En route, stop at Mai Savanh to explore the traditional textiles of the Lao people. This shop specializes in high quality silk products and involves several families in their process, from the northern province of Luang Nam Tha Province and the southern provinces of Attapeu and Sekong. (Note: Mai Savanh is closed on Saturday & Sunday)
In the afternoon, visit COPE, an association working to help landmine victims. A visit to the center provides in-depth information about the history of the American/Vietnam war and the lasting impact of unexploded ordinances (UXO) in the area and the efforts underway to clear them.
We then transfer out to take the flight to Luang Prabang. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel. Overnight in Luang Prabang
QV103 VTE LPQ 17:00 17:45
Meals: B, L
- Day 3: Cruise the Mekong to Pak Ou Caves - Refresh at Kuang Si Waterfalls
In the morning, we embark on a cruise upstream on the Mekong River, which also gives us a breathtaking view of the tranquil countryside, before reaching the mysterious Pak Ou Caves, a 16th century cave monastery filled with thousands of Buddha images, which locates 25 Kilometers North of Luang Prabang in the limestone cliffs overlooking the Mekong river.
In the afternoon, we will drive south to Kuang Si waterfalls, which is the biggest in the Luang Prabang area with three tiers leading to a 50-metre drop into spectacular azure pools before flowing downstream. The pools also make great swimming holes and are very popular with both tourists and locals
We will also take a short visit to the Bear Rescue Center, which houses a couple of dozen animals rescued from the hands of poachers and traffickers.
On the way back to Luang Prabang, we will take a short visit to the Ock Pop Tock Living Craft Center, set serenely close to the Mekong, this beautiful, traditionally styled workshop, where weavers, spinners and batik makers produce top-quality fabrics, offers free tours every half-hour. This is also one of the best spots to admire the sunset in Luang Prabang
Transfer back to your hotel late afternoon. Overnight in Luang Prabang
Meals: B, L
- Day 4: Morning Alms Giving - City Tour - Departure
Wake up as the sun rises, we will prepare to join the most sacred tradition of Laos, the daily morning alms giving, which dates to the 14th century. More than 200 Buddhist monks depart from various temple to gather their daily meal from the faithful residents sitting quietly on the streets.
From there, we will visit the temporary morning market near the former Royal Palace. Just set on the ground, the local people come here to barter their day’s catch from rice, to vegetable, to fish, or chicken. This is the best way to experience the taste of local life
After breakfast, we climb up to the top of Mount Phousi for an enjoyable exploration of the sacred, gilded stupa as well as a panoramic sunset view of the city and the Mekong River. From there, you will visit Royal Palace Museum, which was built in 1904 during the French colonial era for King Sisavang Vong and his family.
Your city tour continues with a visit to the magnificent Wat Xiengthong, a superb piece of Lao temple architecture, which presents a sweeping two-tiered roof and ornate mosaics including a beautiful ‘tree of life ‘glass montage on the rear temple wall.
If time permits, we will take a short walk around the small streets of city center, watching the life of local people.
We then transfer out to the airport to take the departure flight finishing your “4-day Laos Best Tour”
Meals: B, L
Questions & Answers
9.7Based on 5 reviews
Value for money
22 Dec 2018
19 Dec 2018
The trip was excellent in that it gave an opportunity to experience interaction with the local culture as well as the natural attractions of the country. The trip allows one to travel a significant area and identify attractions at a high level. Considering the time constraints, visiting every attraction in a town may not be achievable. Provided you consider the journey, and not just the destination, as part of the travel experience then this is an excellent tour.
24 Oct 2018
Absolutely fantastic trip, great itinerary everything ran very smoothly whilst seeing some unbelievable sights and gaining a wealth of knowledge. Our trip manager took the time for everyone’s questions and went the extra mile for anything that anyone wanted to see/do. Can’t recommend highly enough!
11 Oct 2018
This trip was a great mix of urban and rural, river and mountains and waterfalls, relaxing time on a riverboat and relatively luxurious overnight train and extremely bumpy windy mountainous car rides, cultural richness and natural beauty, guided and individual time, temple exploration and EXCELLENT FOOD!!!! Highly recommend!
02 Jul 2018
Luang Prabang has a uniquely pleasing "vibe". Nestled in the mountains at the confluence of two beautiful rivers - Nam Khan and the mighty Mekong, dotted with peaceful Buddhist Temples/Wats it is an idyllic town. The alms ceremony for the monks and the local market in morning were unique experiences. The three-tier Khouang Si Waterfalls were picturesque but the boat-ride down the Mekong to Pak Ou Cave was most memorable. The town had some excellent restaurants serving not only Lao cuisine but also excellent fusion. Visits to minority ethnic villages were enriching and interacting with playful children decked in their traditional ethnic costumes was enriching, It was a wonderful experience just leisurely walking down the main drag downtown- Th Sisavangvong- to take-in the local sites and sounds. Riding the bicycle rickshaws is a must. We found the prices for massage to be some of the most economical in SE Asia. We found the Lao people to be helpful, friendly and gentle. All in all - it was a memorable visit.